Seems that the author didn't play FF4DS:
- Its script is original FF4's.
- But FF4DS's additional scenario and some FF4TA (FF4's sequel on cellular phones) characters appear.
- Still Golbez becomes "Mr. Hand" in King Giott's castle. (He doesn't become it in FF4DS)
The text style is "for young adult." I felt that junior high students would enjoy this.
Short sentences, many conversations, and "speedy" story.
But who can blame the author? This novel doesn't have enough pages. (under 500 pages in total)
I couldn't describe FF4, in 500 pages.
I enjoyed this novel because:
- Edge's love for Rydia is expressed more than the game. (He shields her in the final battle! ... ... when did he become a paladin? :-P)
- King and Queen of Damcyan are dignified.
- Trojan sisters hesitate to lend Crystal ( = national treasure) for rescue of Rosa ( = just one person).
- Kain takes Crystal at Sealed Cave by his own mind.
Okay, I didn't "enjoy" this, but I've never seen such an interpretation on this event.
- After Kain's penitence in the Lunar Whale, Cecil says "Don't discourage me, or I slay Zems," and Kain replies "I won't be second to you."
This is based on their conversation in Dragoons' room in OP.
( Kain: Don't discourage me, or I slay the beast. / Cecil: I won't be second to you! )
Yes, they're still best friends!
I didn't enjoy this novel because:
- Rosa shows Kain herself in bridal dress. (And she says that she desired to show it to Kain first.)
- Tellah, Palom and Porom obey their "foreseeing" of their own accord. I mean, they never try to make their own future.
- Golbez is disappointed at Kain because "Kain didn't understand Golbez's inner darkness." ... ... He is age of 30, isn't he?
- KluYa abandoned his children though he could save them, because "he was afraid to change the world more."
(I spat out at KY, "Get down, you bastard!")
* BTW, this novel explains "Lunarian's lifetime is extraordinary longer then Earthian's."
Some people are too self-conscious in this novel. *sighs
FF4TA novelized ver will be released in March 2009.
I think it's also for young adult, so I don't expect "high-quality novel."
Please give the author enough pages!